The Flybird Adjustable Dumbbells offer a simple, space-saving solution for multiple weight-training needs.
The ergonomic, one-handed design makes it easy to quickly change the weights without reaching the bar's other end.
It also has an adjustable weight plate that fits into the ends of the bar, allowing you to adjust the bar’s weight for your individual workout needs.
This dumbbell set is great for strength training or changing to a heavier or lighter workout schedule.
In this Article
- A 25-pound option and a 55-pound option.
- All-metal design.
- One-hand adjustment by the turn of the handle.
- Suitable for both males and females.
- A choice of 5 weight adjustments.
- 80% Space-saving.
- 8. Lock structure design.
- Frosted powder coating for durability
- Spindle-shaped grip with anti-slip texture.
- Comes with high strength tray.
- 25-pound dimensions – 14.6 inches L x 7.9 inch W x 6.7 inch H.
- 55-pound dimensions – 16.1 inches L x 7.9 inch W x 6.9 inch H.
Let’s look at the features of this adjustable dumbbell set.
- You may pick between dumbbells from 5 to 25 pounds or 11 to 55 pounds.
- A unique lock -mechanism allows you to change the weights quickly.
- The long-lasting handle is made of aluminium alloy.
- The handle has a non-corroding anti-slip material.
Design and build
These 25-pound bad boys take up far less room than a weight rack loaded with five separate pairs of dumbbells, having a footprint of 14.6 x 7.9 x 6.7 inches.
On the other hand, the plastic cradle feels a little flimsier than other dumbells, so be cautious while putting the weights back in place after each set.
The 25-pound model’s handle/knurl has a curved aluminium alloy grip that feels great in hand. Changing the weight is as simple as twisting the handle and pulling the dumbbell out of its cradle.
As with the Core Home Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells; they're individually adjustable in 5-pound increments.
These dumbbells perform similarly to the more costly BowFlex, NordicTrack, and Core Home Fitness models. The mini-weight plates fit together tightly.
While I can't vouch for the plastic-coated knurl on the 55-pound model, the aluminium alloy handle on the 25-pound model is excellent; the curved shape allows you to get a solid hold on anything before picking it up.
While Bowflex and NordicTrack include handy applications with their adjustable dumbbells, Flybird does not.
Instead, the dumbbells are included with a one-page instruction booklet that contains a bare-bones chart for 15 various back workouts.
Price and availability
The Flybird Adjustable Dumbbells are available on Amazon for $100 (25 pounds) or $185 (55 pounds) apiece, but purchasing a whole pair raises the price to $200 or $370, respectively.
However, that is still significantly less expensive than the bulkier Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells, which provide a few extra bells and whistles for $400.
- Outstanding value
- Design that is simple
- smooth handle adjustments
- knurl that is superior to the norm
- There are two distinct weight options to select from.
- Dumbbell tray that feels flimsy
- Separate purchase required
“Great Product! I bought a couple of these a few months ago, and so far, so good. They are well built and stable enough to do without a stand. I have not found anything negative to say.”
"I have been using these dumbbells for the past few weeks now, and I am very pleased with it. It comes in two different weights (2 × 5lbs, 2× 10lbs, two × 20lbs).
To operate the dumbbell, twist the knurl of the clip with your fingers and pull it down on the handle. Easy to use. The build quality is excellent, not flimsy at all.”
"Well-built heavy-duty dumbbells. Fit my needs perfectly for this hobby of mine. 2X5lb=10lbs is enough for heavier lifting weights but knowing I can adjust them up or down is nice. It also comes with a nice 5-pound plate that fits perfectly in each end.
I’d recommend this to anyone that has a good amount of space to store their dumbbells.”
- Bowflex Select Tech 552 Dumbbells: The Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells are a high-end option with a set of bells that cost $400. They have two-tone colours, a rotating dial to select your desired weight, and come with a stand.
However, despite all their bells and whistles, the Bowflex dumbbells lack sturdiness and quick accessibility. The biggest complaint has been that they're too bulky for households with limited space.
- Core Home Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells: If you’re okay with spending a little more, then the Core Home Fitness Adjustable Dumbbells are a competitively priced option with a step-up design that is a little larger and heavier than Flybird’s.
They're available in sets from 5 to 75 pounds and have a built-in stand for easy storage. However, they lack an application guide or any bundled item beyond the basic set of dumbbells.
- NordicTrack Adjustable Dumbbells: The NordicTrack Adjustable Dumbbell withstand and applications is a good alternative with a set of dumbbells in between the price range of Flybird and Core Home Fitness.
However, the NordicTrack's design is bulkier than the others, making it more difficult to store in smaller spaces.
The Flybird Adjustable Dumbbells are the right choice if you need adjustable dumbbells. They are solid, well-built, and easy to adjust.
It also comes with two free 5 lbs plates, so you can gradually change weights without buying additional ones. There is no better deal out there than this.
However, if you are looking for a complete kit with a stand, this may not be a good fit.
As a whole, the Flybird dumbbells are an excellent value for money. They're incredibly accurate and look great too.
So if you have been considering buying adjustable dumbbells or thinking about upgrading from your existing ones, these would be the perfect product for you.