Today, we will talk about cardio sculpt. Well, probably it's not a new trend in fitness that only a few people know about yet.
But, the cardio sculpt class may be one of the best ways to get fit and have fun at the same time.
If you’re curious about what cardio sculpt is or how you should start your routine with this type of training, this article is for you.
In this Article
What Is Cardio Sculpt?
Cardio Sculpt workout is a 90-days workout session that is essentially an aerobic activity with resistance training mixed into the program.
Classes are designed to work the body’s large muscle groups, primarily targeting the lower body, legs, core, and upper body, including arms and shoulder blades.
It combines cardio workout exercises with muscle-sculpting activities, including using weights and barbells.
This type of exercise is a great way to get in shape and is the newest trend to hit the fitness industry.
It is compared to CrossFit, boot camp style training, and even yoga. In addition, cardio sculpting is very efficient for burning fat and increasing metabolism.
Popular forms of resistance used in cardio sculpt include free weights, medicine balls, exercise bands, and rubber tubing.
The classes usually involve repetitive movements for a given number of repetitions along with short bursts of high-intensity moves like jumping jacks or burpees.
The Tabata-Style Interval Circuit is a popular form of cardio sculpting, which is followed for burning calories.
This type of circuit consists of 20 seconds of intense exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest for a total of 8 cycles.
All you need is a yoga mat, a timer, small weights, and a towel. The exercises are easy to understand, so you do not need any previous fitness training experience.
What Are the Benefits of Cardio Sculpt?
Here are some benefits you can expect to see from doing cardio sculpting for an hour a week:
- Burns fat: A study done by researchers at the University of Wisconsin found that cardio sculpting had a higher fat-burning rate than traditional step aerobics.
- Increases Metabolism: The high-intensity workout moves help to increase your metabolism. Cardio sculpt increases the body’s ability to burn calories for up to 48 hours after the workout, so you’re more likely to burn fat months later.
- Weight loss: Cardio sculpting burns a lot of calories. Craig Coggan and others at the University of South Florida found that cardio sculpting could cause significant loss of body fat. Participants lost an average of 3 pounds after three months, equivalent to 8 pounds of fat over a year.
- Improves Endurance: Studies have also shown that cardio sculpting increases anaerobic endurance so you can do more and last longer, the key to increasing productivity during exercise.
- Boosts stamina: Cardio sculpting promotes increased elastic energy in the body by strengthening the heart and lungs. This way, you’ll be able to go longer and more robust before getting tired.
- General health: Cardio sculpting can increase your energy levels, improve breathing, decrease stress, and improve your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Boost in cardiovascular health: Cardio sculpting is a medium-intensity form of exercise. It promotes cardiovascular health and increases heart rate.
- Improved balance: Cardio sculpting will improve your balance for doing activities you enjoy like dancing, hiking, surfing, and skiing.
Which cardio sculpt classes to join?
Several gyms have cardio sculpting classes, or you can take a class at a local fitness studio or gym with instructors who specialize in this new fitness training.
Mira Mesa Fitness offers a variety of cardio sculpting classes, as shown on their website.
These include Boot Camp, Toning, Barre Sculpt, and Low Impact for beginners. Mira Mesa Fitness is a highly rated gym with several locations in San Diego.
Another famous fitness centre is World Class Boxing which has gyms throughout San Diego County. Their Kick Butt Cardio Sculpt class is described as “fun and upbeat”.
The Bottom Line
This new type of workout has several benefits and improves many different aspects of your life. It is very efficient and burns many calories, increases metabolism, and makes you healthier overall.
I hope that you have found this post on what is cardio sculpt helpful and informative.
If you have any additional information, please let me know in the comments below.
Try this new unique trend of fitness regimen and see how it can change your life!