Hypervolt Vs Hypervolt Plus – The Battle Between The Ultimate Massage Tools
Percussion massagers are an amazing way to relieve oneself from excruciating muscle and body pain. The Hyperice Hypervolt and Hypervolt Plus are two of the most used percussion massagers in the world. It is used by athletes, gym buffs, working people and even homemakers to relax their tired muscles. So, let’s delve into this comparison review to help you choose the perfect one for you.
In this Article
If you’re looking to buy a top-notch massage gun but can’t decide between Hyperice’s Hypervolt and Hypervolt Plus, then don’t panic because we will do a detailed comparison review on these two top massagers for you.
The hypervolt massage gun is a percussion massager and is among the best selling recovery tools preferred by athletes and working people as well. It is a hand-held vibrating massage gun with a slew of benefits and features.
The Hypervolt Plus is the latest massage gun from the Hyperice company and is the next generation of the hypervolt. The Hypervolt Plus is designed specifically to help relieve muscles and helps energize your body more quickly. The device is ideal for those who want an aggressive deep tissue massage with max power and torque.
Comparison Between Hypervolt Vs Hypervolt Plus
Though the two massage guns are identical, the Hypervolt massage gun uses 60 Watts with up to 3 hours of battery life.
While on the other hand, the hypervolt plus massage gun comes uses 90 Watt with up to 2.5 hours battery life.
The strokes and levels of the massage guns are almost identical, both of them have the same 3 levels and come with 33, 44 and 54 beats per second. While the performance has nothing to do with the number, there is a slight difference in the hardness of the strokes.
The Hypervolt Plus has more powerful strokes when compared to that of the Hypervolt.
The battery life of hypervolt is higher when compared to that of the Hypervolt Plus with a capacity of 180 minutes of continuous usage on a single charging.
The batteries can be changed for both the massage guns. Only one battery comes in the package, and you have to buy additional batteries separately. The battery life of Hypervolt Plus is shorter when compared to that of the Hypervolt with the capacity of 150 minutes of continuous usage on a single charging.
Performance And Sound
The Hypervolt performance is relatively quiet with 55-65 decibels, thanks to the quiet glide technology which makes it a powerful yet quiet percussive massager.
The hypervolt plus has got a 30% boost in power, making it one of the most powerful percussive massagers out in the market. The instrument comes with a high torque motor with three speed settings giving the user not power but also the choices of changing the massage intensity. Even with this high torque motor, the massager manages to perform quietly when compared to that of the Hypervolt.
Other than the color the physical and features are almost similar for both the percussive massage guns. The Hypervolt comes in a silver color which gives it a gun like appearance.
The Hypervolt Plus massage gun comes with a black matte finish that makes it stylish in appearance.
Hypervolt is cheaper when compared to that of hypervolt Plus and it is preferred by most customers. But attachments and additional battery backup has to be purchased separately which adds up to the additional cost.
The normal cost of the Hypervolt is $349 and there are few discounts and offers which are available currently online.
The Hypervolt Plus is slightly expensive when compared to that of hypervolt. The Hypervolt Plus includes most attachments and so the price of it is higher when compared to that of the Hypervolt. It comes at a price of $499.
Common Features Between Hypervolt And Hypervolt Plus
- Level 1 – the speed here is about 2000 percussions per minute and this lower speed setting is great for upper extremities like the neck.
- Level 2 – the speed is 2,600 percussions per minute and is right for the slightly denser areas such as legs, calves, etc.
- Level 3 – the speed is high in this level which can reach up to 3,200 percussions per minute and suitable for much denser areas like hips, quads, glutes, and piriformis. The speed and intensity of the device is ideal for the tissues and muscles that are denser and the higher amplitude of forces that is delivered at this speed helps to loosen things up.
The two massage guns have the common attachments including:
- Ball attachment – the softest head and the first one that helps to ease your body into the massage.
- Flat head – ideal for the denser body parts such as quads, glutes, pecs, but it is also suitable for other body parts. And this is probably the most versatile head that comes with the percussive massagers.
- Bullet head – this attachment is ideal for trigger – points that target specific areas. The head works better on the areas like feet.
- Fork head – the head is great for the areas around the Achilles tendon, ankles, traps, foot, and places that are tight. The head provides a great massage feel to these parts as it contains the two prongs which gives a great relief to the body parts. Some of them might use this head for the larger muscles such as calves and quads too.
- Cushion head – this is the new feature which has been upgraded to the new version of the massager which lies in between the ball and flat head attachment. The cushion head as the name indicates has the squish to it so it eases the muscles gently and quickly.
The Hypervolt is more economical, yet powerful, compact and easy to use. It can be recommended for anyone who would like to use percussion massagers at home. The battery life of Hypervolt is extremely good which can withstand up to 180 minutes of use for a single charging while the Hypervolt Plus works only 150 minutes of usage upon single charging. Both the products have the same speed setting and 5 attachments that make them desirable among other massagers. With all these amazing features and benefits it is going to be a tough choice to make between Hypervolt and Hypervolt Plus.