Whether you’re at the gym, on your morning workout, or want to snack between meals, these bars are perfect for carrying with you to hit the daily recommended protein intake.
Their supplements will help you reach your goals more efficiently, and the results you will see from them will make you glad that you decided to give these bars a try.
The products are convenient to use and contain effective ingredients. As a result, consumers have grown trust in this brand to provide them with a quality product that will give them the results they are looking for.
Let us take a look at what are the Met-Rx protein bars.
In this Article
What is a Met-Rx protein bar?
The Met-Rx protein bars are designed to give you nutrition on the go. It contains 30 grams of high-quality, slow-digesting protein powder and can be eaten before, after, or during your workout.
As these bars contain a high amount of protein, their taste can differ depending on which flavour you choose.
The flavours are undoubtedly interesting, but the quality and taste of the ingredients make their bars so enjoyable. Each bar contains whey protein concentrate, which is a byproduct of cheese production.
This ingredient has a high amount of bio-active proteins found in milk, which help to increase both muscle protein synthesis and muscle growth.
When appropriately taken with a proper exercise routine and a balanced diet, this protein can help you reach your goals.
The bars offered by Met-Rx also contain soy protein isolate, a high-quality vegetable protein, and brown rice syrup, a type of sweetener derived from rice.
The ingredients in a Met-Rx protein bar will vary depending on the type of bar you are eating and the flavour you choose. There is one constant, however: each bar will contain 30-32 grams of protein.
As we mentioned earlier, whey protein concentrate is an ingredient used in most snack bars.
The remaining ingredients are all-natural and non-GMO and include brown rice syrup, soy protein isolate, cocoa, chocolate soy lecithin, and many more.
Therefore, you will eat high-quality proteins such as egg white and whey protein isolate when you eat these bars.
The Met -Rx protein bars are available in several flavours: Chocolate roasted Peanut with caramel Peanut Buttercup, peanut butter crisp, chocolate chunk, and creamy cookie brittle.
You can choose from multiple flavours depending on your dietary preferences, but if you like to stick to one taste, then the chances are that it can meet the daily protein requirements.
When looking to find a protein bar, you need to consider what the taste will be. It is certainly not easy to make a bar that can satisfy all tastes, but each Met-Rx protein bar offers an exciting combination of different ingredients.
In addition, they all taste delicious and will make your snack more enjoyable. No matter which flavour has the best aftertaste, you still have plenty to choose from.
The taste is not overpowering, but some customers find that it tastes like your standard protein bar.
- Effectiveness: Met-Rx protein bars can increase the amount of protein used in muscles. Thirty grams of quality protein is there in each bar, and this is a great way to consume this type of nutrient without adding too many calories.
Each bar also provides a 20% boost in metabolism, giving you the energy and boost you need to get your exercises done. As well as this, they reduce muscle soreness and can help you to achieve a better workout session.
- Calories: Each bar contains 300-330 calories which is a reasonable amount to consume in one day. They are high in saturated fats, which means that you should always eat them when you have worked out. You can use these bars as a part of a post-workout meal.
- Servings: Each bar contains eighty-five grams per servings compared to fifty grams in other protein bars. It is a significant amount to eat, and you can quite easily fit one into your snack time. The serving size makes these bars a great meal replacement option. When you need to get protein into your day, along with calories and help with metabolism, these bars are great for providing the required nutrients to keep you feeling healthy.
- Energy: Great levels of energy are provided through Met-Rx protein bars, and they contain a certain amount of carbohydrates that can be used by your body immediately. The remaining ingredients provide long-lasting energy through complex carbohydrates and sugars. They offer an outstanding balance of protein, carbs, and fats, which can help you boost your energy levels. It will help to keep you going when you are trying to get the exercise done.
Does the Met-Rx Protein Bar contain soy?
There is no soy in this product; there was some debate on whether or not it contained tofu, but it seems to have been removed from the product.
Is the protein in the Met-Rx Protein Bar natural?
The Met-Rx protein bars do contain natural ingredients, and it is essential to note this when you are looking for a product you can trust. This brand is famous, and many people have complained about products containing fillers and unnatural ingredients, which can be harmful.
Can the Met-Rx Protein Bar help you to lose weight?
It is a question that many people ask. Unfortunately, no specific product will help you lose weight, but if you eat this bar as part of a balanced diet, it can certainly help you lose weight.
Do I need to drink liquid with my Met-Rx Protein Bar?
The Met-Rx Protein Bar is a bar that contains 30 grams of protein on average. It serves as an adequate amount of protein, but if you want to make it taste better, you should add your favourite milk or beverage.
You can eat these bars after your workout, so add the powder in some water or milk to make it taste better and more enjoyable.
- 30-32g of protein
- No artificial flavours
- good meal replacement bar
- great energy boost
- low in sugar
- Melts easily
- lacks flavours
- Crumbly texture
- Contains sugar alcohols
As it contains sugar alcohols, some people may experience side effects such as upset stomach, bloating, diarrhoea, and nausea.
In addition, sugar alcohols have carbohydrates and other carbs, resulting in a too-large blood sugar spike.
You can mix 8 ounces of water with the Met-Rx Protein Bar, which will help minimize these side effects.
The Met-Rx protein bars have received many positive reviews, and they are rated 4.5 out of 5 based on more than 1,000 reviews. Many customers have been pleased with the way they taste and consider them to be delicious.
Some customers have expressed that they were not happy with the fact that they melt quickly. Some people cannot stand the consistency of the bars, which leads them to complain about how crumbly and messy they are. Many others have reported that they have had bad experiences with sugar and alcohol.
As well as this, some buyers have found that the bars contain a high level of saturated fat, so you must eat these when you workout to avoid any negative effects on your health.
There is a product called MyProtein Impact Whey Protein Bar, similar to the Met-Rx bar, but it contains 23 grams of protein.
It also includes a slightly higher amount of saturated fat, but it has a much lower sugar content than the Met-Rx bar, which can be more beneficial.
A chocolate protein bar called Quest Bar also offers 20 grams of protein and 200 calories. There are no ingredients included in this product that you cannot pronounce, which can be pretty rare with these types of bars.
The AMRAP Nutrition bar also contains 18g of protein and has a lot less sugar than the Met-Rx bar. It will cost you more, but you can buy it in bulk to save you a little money at the end of the day.
- You will receive (9) MET-Rx Protein Plus Bars, Peanut Butter Cup, 3 oz
- HIGH PROTEIN BARS: MET-Rx protein bars are power-packed with high protein for the kind of energy your body demands. MET-Rx protein bars help you build up energy for your next workout, game or competition. Available in a variety of flavors and formulas.
- QUALITY SPORTS NUTRITION PROTEIN BARS: Protein and meal replacement bars from MET-Rx taste great and support a balanced diet. With a variety of flavors, MET-Rx protein and meal replacement bars go beyond grams of protein, bundling energy and taste in a single bar.
- MET-RX PREPARES ATHLETES TO DOMINATE: From protein bars and protein powders to pre-workout and post-workout powders and drinks, MET-Rx makes training fuel with protein and nutrients to enhance your performance, workout, muscle building, and post-exercise recovery.
- MET-RX WORKOUT FUEL: Compare with workout supplements from Quest Nutrition, Clif Builder's, RXBAR, Epic, MusclePharm, Gatorade, Kellogg's Special K, Muscle Milk, Optimum Nutrition, GRENADE, MuscleTech, Supreme Protein, Power Crunch, Bulk Supplements, BPI.
If you are looking for a meal on the go, then the Met-Rx protein bars are an excellent option to consider.
Eating these bars as part of a balanced diet will help you develop healthy eating habits and make it easier to lose weight and maintain good health.
There has been a lot of debate about Met-Rx protein bars containing sugar alcohols, which can cause side effects to some consumers.
However, as they are only present in small amounts, there is a chance that you will not experience any adverse effects from consuming them.
Overall, you will benefit from it if you add this to your routine, and if you can manage to avoid eating too many of them, you should enjoy the benefits this product has to offer.