The most common have a weight plate secured by a pin to the back of the stand and can be adjusted with extra plates that slide on and off, locking into place when you finish lifting.
They are used to build strength in your hips, legs, and back and improve balance and coordination.
People who lift weights tend to squat heavily compared with other movements such as leg press or hack squat.
The squat is a movement that challenges the entire body. Hence, you need the best squat stand for a home gym to support weight and move.
Many models of squat stands are available in the market, but it is challenging to choose which one is good.
You will get different opinions from fitness enthusiasts, but in this article, we will share our personal experiences and review about best squat stand for a home gym that you can buy!
Let’s get started!
First and foremost, choosing a squat stand requires you to clear some critical points that can affect your workout.
Therefore, before buying, you need to consider some factors first so that you don’t end up purchasing a squat stand that is not fit for your exercise!
the heavier weights you lift off the floor, the more strain you put on your back and legs. Make sure that the weight limit is strong enough for your training level.
If the weight limit is too low, the stand can be easily damaged. If it is too high, you will have difficulty lifting heavyweights.
Lifting heavy weights can cause injury because of the stress placed on your joints and spine. If you are a beginner or starting to work out for the first time, I recommend that you buy a squat stand with a weight limit of 130-150 pounds.
the best squat stand must be durable and reliable. If you buy a cheap one, it will have a short lifespan and may not match expectations.
I suggest that you purchase one which is rated very highly. You can find these ratings on the net or in consumer reviews.
A high rating usually indicates that the product is well-made, durable, and highly recommended by users who have bought it.
another factor to consider is your budget for the squat stand. If you are a beginner, you can find some low-priced ones.
If you have determined your budget, be sure to buy a stand that fits within that range. Buy only one which is affordable to you with good quality and durability.
your safety is crucial. After all, you are lifting weights and will be near the machine when moving or repositioning plates for your next set.
If you buy a squat stand with safety features, such as oversize footplates, handles or padding, you will feel safer.
Portability and storage:
the squat stand must not take too much space. If it takes up a lot of space in your home gym, you will have difficulty storing and adjusting the weight plates when you are finished with your workout. Instead, choose a stand that is easily stored and doesn’t take too much space.
Now that you know how to choose a stand that is right for you let us look at the top squat stands for a home gym that are highly rated and recommended by fitness enthusiasts!
Best Squat Stand For Home Gym Reviews:
Valor Fitness BD-9 Independent Power Squat Stands
- HEAVY DUTY- Constructed of 13-gauge steel with 2” x 2” tubing for strength and durability. Rubber end caps encase each foot for added stability and floor protection.
- VERSATILE- Mainly functions as a squat stand, but with independent uprights it can easily accommodate a bench to perform bench presses. Storage pegs add functionality to the unit and make it more stable when loaded with plates.
- ADJUSTABLE- Uprights adjust between 10 different heights from 49.5” to 75” tall. Also included are adjustable safety catches from 24.75” to 38.5” in 11 different positions.
- EXPANDABLE FOOT BASE- 3 position adjustable base for larger footprint to add more stability. Minimum length of foot base is 20”, with a maximum of 28”.
- ADDITIONAL- Meant for home gym or light-commercial use. Max weight load of 350 lb. directed downward. Storage pegs compatible with EX-10 Olympic Adapter Sleeve (sold separately).
Valor Fitness’ new BD-9 Independent Power Squat Stands are heavy-duty. However, they provide stability and durability needed to accommodate loads of up to 350 pounds and easily accommodate benches up to 60 inches wide.
With its unique foot base that adjusts between three positions and a removable safety catch, you can maximize the stability of this squat stand.
In addition, you can change its height between 49.5 inches and 75 inches, and the independent uprights provide maximum support without being bulky.
- The storage pegs at the bottom of the stand help keep the weights organized and weigh the stand down for increased stability.
- The lowest safety setting catches approximately 24″, which allows you to use a bench.
- It’s small, light, and easy to transport. As a result, you may quickly move it around your home to work out in various locations.
- There isn’t much to put together. Then, in less than 30 minutes, you can have it up and running.
- The black paint scrapes off easily.
- The catch bars, according to several customers, are pretty small.
Ollieroo Multi-Functional Squat Stand
Ollieroo invented the squat rack in the late 1980s and has made them ever since. Their barbell stands are trendy among fitness buffs looking for the maximum possible safety and stability for their weight training.
The original Ollieroo barbell stands sold almost 1,000,000 units back when they were first introduced.
Now, nearly 20 years later, Ollieroo is still the leader in barbell safety, and their barbell stands are still very much in demand. Ollieroo says they are now selling about 2,000 stands per month.
That means Ollieroo stands are probably the best value on the entire market. When you factor in the superior quality of the steel, the stand's unique design, the rubber end caps that protect your floor, and the two-year guarantee, you can see why Ollieroo is such a big winner.
- According to both the Amazon product listing and the manufacturer’s website, it comes entirely constructed. It does, however, require some basic assembly, which is relatively quick and straightforward.
- The rack is stable. Even though lightweight, the connecting bars, broad foot base, and storage pegs make it even more solid.
- According to the company, there are 14 distinct workouts available.
- The position of the bench pressing bracket is not movable.
Rogue S-4 Squat Stand 2.0
With the Rogue S-4 Squat Stand 2.0, Rogue has elevated the independent squat rack to a whole new level.
The stability of the Infinity uprights and the efficient triangle-plate design makes this a very compact unit that is easy to transport and set up.
With the hole spacing in the bench zone at 1″ increments, you can easily customize your setup for maximum efficiency.
The rubber feet on the base make it very stable on a flat surface and protect your floor from scratches and scuffs.
The low-profile design allows you to set up the unit very close to the platform edge for a concise box height and maximizes your working area.
- The lower the steel gauge, the longer the product will last. Because the base is made of 7 gauge steel, it can safely support a weight of 1000 pounds. Squat stands made of 11 or 13 gauge steel are usually affordable.
- The plastic liners in the j-cups will protect the bars from scratch.
- It is not a low-cost item. However, this Rogue Fitness S-4 squat stand last, with precision welds and a powder-coated finish.
- There are no storage pegs to arrange your plates or weigh the stand down. However, it is not required to weigh down the stand. The majority of consumers have indicated that they have never had a wobbling problem.
- The price is unquestionably higher.
FRINGESPORT Commercial Squat Stand
The FRINGESPORT Commercial Indy Squat Rack is built for a small space for the commercial gym or garage.
This product fits easily into tight areas or any garage and can be used with 2x3 boxes for the bench press and other accessories.
However, if you’re using a gym with a lot of weight or many weight machines, you may not put the weight on the rack directly under the box.
With a bit of ingenuity, the Indy rack can be used in this situation to lift weights and keep your bench press equipment safe.
This product has a sturdy, heavy-gauge steel frame and top-quality hardware. It is built to last and will perform in even the most rigorous applications. This rack can take a beating and last a long time with a heavy-gauge steel frame.
In addition, the product comes with 5/8" hardware which means it is designed to work with most aftermarket accessories.
If you need a commercial strength squat rack, this is an excellent option for the budget-conscious.
- It is simple to make changes.
- The caster wheel option may be easily and quickly set up anywhere, including outdoors.
- According to several buyers, this company has a reputation for having a responsive and friendly customer support team. You can quickly contact them for replacements and other needs.
- The rack is well-made, and none of the buyers has expressed concerns regarding its stability.
- FringeSport commercial squat stand weighs only 97 pounds, significantly less than the platforms indicated above. However, if you’re a heavy lifter, you’ll need to be careful not to hurl the weights around too much.
- The pegs for storing things are missing.
Yaheetech Pair of Adjustable Squat Rack
- Practical:Ideal for squats and bench presses - Suitable for use with both standard and Olympic sized bars.
- High Quality: Squat dumbbell racks stands are made of heavy duty 50mm steel tube frame; Max. Load 441 lb / 200 kg.
- Anti-skid:The barbell bench press stands feet pads equipped with anti-skid to avoid damage to the floor, which also increased the security.
- Adjustable:The barbell stands have 14 adjustable safety pins on each post to help you adjust to the appropriate height to meet your need（5cm gaps）; adjustable Height 45-70.5inch / 114-179 cm.
- Safe & Secure:For added safety and stability, this adjustable squat rack uses selective metal nuts paired with quality washers.Please use a wrench to fasten the nuts. Nuts cannot be fully tightened by hand.
All barbell racks, barbell benches, and other exercise equipment made by Yaheetech are designed with quality and durability and then tested to the highest safety standards.
You can be sure that every item bears the Yaheetech name is rigorously under inspection for safety and quality control.
The main advantages of using a squat rack are many. The most significant advantage is that it keeps your barbells off the ground where it’s out of the way when you’re not using them.
It makes it much easier to transport your barbells around when working out at home or travelling.
Squat racks also make it possible to do barbell workouts without investing in an expensive barbell bench.
The height-adjustable design of a squat rack makes it easy to use with both standard and Olympic-sized bars.
One other thing that makes a squat rack especially useful is that it can help you avoid injury by forcing you to work from a stable, safe platform.
When you're working out with free weights, you need to be as durable as possible because a single misstep could lead to a severe injury.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It’s quick and straightforward to put together.
- Many customers have praised the customer support personnel for their promptness and helpfulness.
- This stand’s foot base is 21.5″ x 20″, significantly smaller than the other options on this list.
- Some consumers have complained about wobbling.
Squat Stand 3.0 by Bells Of Steel
The squat stands 3.0 by Bells Of Steel is an excellent choice if you look for a stable, high-quality bench to add to your home gym.
It has all the features necessary for a solid workout, including adjustable height, a non-slip bottom, and an easy-to-grip, textured rubberized finish.
- Your barbell will be protected from scratches by the padded j-cups.
- A gauge of 12 is a suitable thickness. You can rely on it to last. Even 13 gauge steel is used in specific mid-priced squat stands.
- Despite its small size and low weight, this Bells of Steel squat stand has a high level of stability.
- This Bells of Steel squat stand 3.0 weighs around 70 pounds, which is considerably less than typical frames in this price range.
- Some customers have complained that the base is extensive, which may cause problems when doing wide squats.
ZEN STYLE Pair of Adjustable Independent Squat Stand
- Sturdy & Durable -- The Barbell Stands are made of heavy-duty steel construction material that provides Maximum safety, Max Load Capacity is 550Lbs
- Adjustable Barbell Stand Rack -- Adjust in height from 41'' to 66'', there are 13 holes on each stand, you can adjust to a conformtable height you need easily and then lock it wiht a pin to keep safe
- Safety Squat Rack-- Non-slip and abrasion-resistant anti-skid feet firmly positioned the squat rack that protect yourself and your floor from scratching, and legs are welded on straight, stand upright without wobbling.The arm spotter will prevent the barbell from falling and hitting the floor
- Multipurpose Squat Stand-- Ideal for squatting, bench pressing or standing Home exercise & commercial use
- Easily Assemble -- The barbell bench press stands are designed for easy installation. Full instructions & all mounting hardware are included
The Zen style Pair of Independent Squat Stand is the perfect tool for those who like to use their barbells to get in shape or have a workout at home.
The sturdy steel squat stands can support a barbell up to 500 lbs., which means you can use them to lift more weight and achieve a stronger squat.
They also provide plenty of adjustment for height and a spotter range that covers a broad range of sizes.
The squat stands are made of solid steel, so they're durable and built to last. Their rubber end caps protect your floor from scratches and wobbling, and their legs are welded on straight, so they don't wiggle around.
The squat stands are easy to assemble and install. All you need is a drill, and the whole project will take you about 30 minutes.
- It has a very tiny footprint, making it ideal for remote locations such as garages, basements, and other basements.
- This squat stand from Zen style isn’t a rock-solid piece of home gym equipment, but it does what it says.
- It’s simple to put together and comes with all the essential components.
- This squat stand can reach a maximum height of 5.5 feet. It may be uncomfortable for taller persons to use.
Titan Fitness T-3 Power Rack
The Titan Fitness T-3 Series Power Rack is the ultimate power training tool designed to meet the needs of the serious lifter.
The T-3 Series is the first track on the market to offer 11-gauge steel upright, giving you the strength and durability you need to get the most out of every rep.
The heavy-duty steel construction allows the T-3 to be durable, safe, and easy to assemble.
In addition, the T-3 Series is modular, allowing you to swap out the pull-up bar for a pin and pipe safety, roller hooks, or adjustable lever arms, ensuring the T-3 will stay fresh and ready to meet your fitness goals.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The T-3 rack is an excellent piece of equipment that will serve you well for many years.
- Usable at home or in a commercial gym.
- It includes an adjustable grip pull-up bar and barbell holder with high-capacity storage pockets for your weights.Cons
- The T-3 Power Rack can’t be bolted to the floor, so some users may have difficulty setting it up in the garage.
Whether you are a beginning powerlifter looking for a simple, heavy-duty rack that will last you years or a professional bodybuilder who wants to take your home gym to the next level, any one of these squat stands is sure to meet your needs.
With all the insane gym equipment prices these days, it's hard to know what to look for.
So, you can be sure that our list has considered all the essential factors to make it easy for you to pick the best squat stand for your home or garage gym!