It also includes various other muscle strengthening exercises that you can perform while sitting, standing or lying down.
With all of these options, one might get lost on which way to go. Besides, Weider ultimate has increased its popularity in the market recently. New Weider Ultimate is gaining popularity as a more straightforward to use option.
Both of these are well-made machines that offer similar features, so choosing between them depends on personal preference.
Let us find out what these products offer and which is the best machine for you.
In this Article
All About Total Gym:
With Total Gym, you have a total full-body workout that requires little space and lots of fun. In addition, you will be able to adjust the amount of resistance you use to make your workout more challenging or easier, depending on your level of strength and flexibility.
Total Gym also includes numerous exercises that target your core muscles and your upper and lower body.
Top-selling models of Total Gym:
Total GYM XLS:
The Total Gym XLS is one of the most popular models. It is versatile, affordable, and famous for the average home gym.
It comes with over 50 exercise options, eight different resistance levels, and a fold-down feature that allows you to tuck it away easily when you are finished.
Total Gym Fit:
Total Gym Fit is the newest model offered by Total Gym that has more resistance than the XLS and a variety of other features. You can perform over 100 different exercises with this model.
Total Gym Supreme:
- Start your workout program right at home with 8 levels of resistance and 70 plus exercises with Total Gym with low impact, fluid movements, and effortlessly transition through various exercises
- Just 15 to 20 minutes a day, 3 to 4 days a week, in your home gym will make a difference for all fitness levels, ages 8 to 80, supporting a maximum weight of 300 pounds
- Tones, strengthens, and conditions muscles in the upper and lower body for a total body exercise experience while assisting with body sculpting, weight loss, health maintenance, energy, and more
- Includes wing attachment, squat stand, leg pull accessory, dip bars, exercise flip chart, Total Gym TV access, exercise and nutrition guides, owner’s manual, and DVD
- Features padded, ergonomic glide board and quality steel frame with auto-lock height adjustment; Folds 50.5 by 8 inches for easy storage; In Use (Lx H): 43.25 x 15.5 inches
The Total Gym Supreme is the top of the line model. It offers nearly unlimited resistance levels, a variety of attachments that allow you to perform over 120 exercises and built-in workout videos that show you how to complete each exercise.
Total Gym GTS.:
The Total Gym GTS is a lighter model with a more compact and portable design. However, it still offers the same amount of resistance, provides workout videos and an exercise library.
Total Gym Models:
Pros of Total Gym:
- Sturdy – Total Gym machines are relatively sturdy and built to last several years. Total Gym balls are made from durable plastic, and most of the devices you will use will require a flat foot base.
However, most models do not need a foot extension, and few do have. In addition to using the flat foot base, it will provide you with a relatively easy setup.
- Easy to use- The Total Gym machines are relatively easy to use. The Total Gym fitness balls are straightforward to assemble compared to other exercise equipment. All devices come with a manual that will guide you through the assembly process.
- Does not need assembling – This is a significant advantage for many people. All Total Gym machines include fitness balls, and most come with the assembly required for each device.
It means you can hop online to purchase and have the machine delivered without having to wait around for it to assemble, and you can start using it right away instead of waiting for weeks or months.
- Comfortable – Total Gym fitness balls are very pleased. You will be able to exercise in your living room, office or anywhere in between. Many models are also portable and can be folded into a flat position to be stored easily.
- Smooth glide – A Total Gym machine will glide smoothly and give you a long-lasting, smooth glide. Many different models offer the same technology, which helps you move to your next exercise position quickly and efficiently while giving you a smooth transition.
- Folds to save storage space – Total Gym machines safely fold into a compact form that is easy to store and transport. In addition, most models are foldable at the touch of a button, so you can easily fold them away when you are finished with your workout and transport them back to your home.
- Operates quietly – Total Gym machines are peaceful when they are in use. When they are in an idle position, they do not make a significant amount of noise, making it easy to work out in your living home or office without disturbing anyone.
- Costly: – Total Gym machines are expensive. With most models, you’ll find that they cost slightly over $200. However, you will still feel the difference between the machines and a regular treadmill or elliptical machine.
All About Weider Ultimate
The Weider Ultimate is ideal for those looking for a powerful upper body workout and is not interested in spending hours or even minutes at a gym.
This machine will help you develop your muscles and create the lean bodies you want in no time.
Cheaper than Total Gym:
The Weider Ultimate is cheaper than Total Gym. If you are a beginner, this provides excellent value for money.
You can save some cash on the machine and then purchase additional fitness balls to work out your legs and core muscles as well.
Has strong straps
The Weider Ultimate includes strong straps. Some users have commented that the straps are slightly firm, especially if you have sensitive skin. However, you can soften them up by washing them and applying some lotion.
Allows a reasonable number of exercises:
Although the Weider Ultimate allows only a few exercises, it is still nowhere near as limited as Total Gym machines. This machine comes with over 30 different activities and will enable you to get a decent workout every time.
Provides extra resistance besides your body weight:
Unlike Total Gym fitness balls, the Weider Ultimate does not use bodyweight. Instead, it uses pulleys and weights to provide additional resistance.
As a result, you will have more weights at your disposal and an option to perform an extensive range of exercises.
Has an easily adjustable incline:
The Weider Ultimate has an easily adjustable incline. You will be able to adjust it according to your preferences, allowing you to exercise in any position you want.
Good Cable system:
The Weider Ultimate has a sound cable system. Although not as advanced as Total Gym’s technological features, it is still more than adequate for most people.
In addition, the cable system is of high quality, which means you will not run into any problems whatsoever.
Consists of durable steel material:
The Weider Ultimate is made of a steel frame that makes it highly durable and sturdy. As a result, you can exercise with it for several years without having to worry about it breaking down or becoming damaged in any way.
Not as smooth as the Total Gym:
Although the Weider Ultimate offers a reasonably smooth glide, it is not as smooth as Total Gyms. As a result, it may take some users a bit of getting used to.
The Weider Ultimate requires some assembling when you get it out of the box, which is not a big deal, and any inexperienced user can perform it in under an hour.
However, you should still make sure that you have all the necessary tools and instructions before starting to put it together. Once you have assembled it, you can use it right away without any trouble at all.
Total Gym vs Weider Comparison
Number of Exercises:
The Total Gym XLS and Weider Ultimate promise to provide an all-over workout, with some exercises that target every major muscle group.
In addition, the Total Gym XLS has a variety of attachments that allow it to perform a wide range of activities.
The Weider Ultimate is mainly for upper body training. However, suppose you do not have space or desire for a separate lower body machine.
In that case, you can use the leg extension and leg curl attachments provided with the Weider Ultimate to build your lower body muscles as well.
Levels of Resistance:
Both the Total Gym XLS and Weider Ultimate are versatile in that they have different resistance levels.
The Weider Ultimate comes with 15 different levels of resistance, offering a more excellent range for those who want to progress or regress with their exercises.
The Total Gym XLS does not have as many resistance levels, providing only nine options.
Maximum User Weight:
The Weider Ultimate is capable of accommodating up to 400lbs weight. It is a significant increase from the 250lbs capacity of the Total Gym XLS.
In terms of categories, Weider Ultimate is a bit more flexible and offers options for users of all different strength levels.
The Total Gym XLS does not offer such versatility, and you will be limited to using your body weight once your workout is complete.
Folds for Storage:
The Weider Ultimate is a far more space-conscious machine. It can fold down to quickly be put into storage.
The Total Gym XLS only offers a compact option but cannot fold into a position that would allow for easy storage and transportation.
The Total Gym XLS is costlier compared to the Weider Ultimate. So, if you are a beginner, it is advisable that you start with the Weider Ultimate and then upgrade to the Total Gym XLS when you have built some experience.
The Weider Ultimate is a reasonably powerful machine with various exercise options. It makes it ideal for both serious home fitness enthusiasts and those who want to achieve the lean, toned bodies they crave.
The Total Gym XLS and Weider Ultimate have a few differences from one another, but in the end, both machines will help you get in fantastic shape and improve your overall health.
So take advantage of the Weider Ultimate machine when making your purchase because it is one of the best elliptical machines on the market today.