One of those tools is a set of gym lifting straps like GymShark. These are the most potent, durable gym/strength training equipment you can buy.
We’re going to talk about why these particular gym lifting straps are so great, why you should use them and how to use them to get the most out of your workout.
In this Article
The Best Gym Lifting Straps: What They Are & Why You Need Them?
Before we talk about what makes the GymShark gym lifting straps so great, let’s take a moment to define what a gym lifting strap is. A gym lifting strap is just a piece of exercise equipment that helps you lift heavy weights.
They are a very durable material that will last for years. They have a long handle with a loop on one end so you can attach it to a bar or weight stack and a long loop at the other end for you to attach it to your body.
Different gym lifting straps are available, including adjustable straps, locking straps, and weight lifting straps.
GymShark has made an excellent design with this product, but they aren't the only company that makes a good gym lifting strap.
The GymShark gym lifting straps are high-quality nylon and robust and durable design. In addition, they are exceptionally well built and will last you for many years.
Why should you use gymshark lifting straps?
There are several reasons why GymShark gym lifting straps are so great. Let’s take a look at the main ones. Gymshark straps are:
They protect your body and keep you from injuring yourself when you lift weights. They are made of robust and durable material and have built-in mechanisms that prevent them from sliding down on you.
The only way to come off is if you intentionally take them off. And even then, they will stay put because of the friction between the material and your skin.
In addition, they have a non-slip coating on the bottom that prevents them from sliding on the floor or other surfaces.
Unlike elastic bands, these lifting straps are adjustable to any size body. They are available in 3 different widths: 38″, 48″ and 54″.
The strap is 6 feet long and has a black webbing and a white nylon buckle on the other end. It’s easy to use, and you can put it on in seconds. Just slip it over your head, under your armpits and cinch it tight!
They are about 1/3 the weight of an elastic band of the same length. It means you will get more exercise using these straps than ordinary elastic bands.
These straps are made of heavy-duty material and can withstand hundreds of users, and last a long time.
The coating on the bottom is also non-slip, so you don’t have to worry about getting wet.
Since there is no elastic in them, they won’t irritate your skin like regular elastic bands.
They fold up very small and take up very little space that you can store in your gym bag or car trunk.
If you get sweaty or work out in the rain, you can throw them in the wash, and they will come out clean.
Stainless Steel Hardware
The buckle is made of solid stainless steel, and the webbing is black. It gives these straps a very high-quality appearance. The rest of the strap hardware is also made of stainless steel.
You can use these straps over and over again. Just throw them in the wash with regular laundry detergent, and they will come out clean every time.
If you decide to use these straps, you can expect to see a significant increase in your strength within the first week.
After that, you will notice an even stronger increase as you continue using them regularly. They will help you build lean muscle mass and burn fat simultaneously. Using gym lifting straps will:
Strengthen Your Shoulders, Back and Arms
Lifting weights with elastic bands only works your arms and not your body as a whole. As a result, it can lead to injuries such as torn rotator cuffs and strained or sprained wrists. By using these straps, you work all of your muscle groups which helps to prevent such injuries.
Boost Your Confidence
Lifting weights with elastic bands is very difficult, especially if you are new.
How To Use Gymshark Gym Lifting Straps?
Here’s how you can use GymShark lifting straps. Follow these instructions carefully and make sure that you read all of them before you start using the straps.
- Place the strap over your head, keeping the ends of it flat against your head and the centre over your ears. Make sure that the strap is tight, but not so tight that it will cut off your circulation.
- Once you have the strap adequately positioned on your head, adjust it so that it does not slip and move around. Make sure that it is straight across the top of your head.
- The straps should be snug but not so tight that they cause you any discomfort. If the strap is too tight, it may cause you to feel dizzy or lightheaded, especially if you are a beginner.
If this occurs, loosen the strap by slightly pulling the centre of the strap down over your ears. 4: If you find that the strap is slipping down over your face, then you need to pull the strap up over your head so that it sits above your ears.
If you have a helmet, you can use it to hold the strap in place while you pull it up over your head.
- If you wear glasses, make sure that the strap does not slide down under your glasses and interfere with your vision. If this happens, you will need to adjust the strap not to move around.
- You should be able to adjust the strap without taking it off your head. If you cannot do this, try taking off one of your shoes and using that to help you adjust the strap. Take off the other shoe if necessary.
- Once the strap is positioned correctly on your head, you are ready to start using it. But first, you need to attach it to something already attached to your body. To do this, hook one end of the strap over the belt’s buckle and then loop the other end of the strap around the ankle of your most muscular leg.
Ensure that the strap is tight enough not to slip or come undone. In addition, you should be able to feel the buckle of your belt through the material of the strap. It means that the buckle is sitting on top of your belt and not inside of it.
- The other end of the strap should be looped around the ankle of your weakest leg. Loop the strap as tight as you can without cutting off your circulation.
Make sure that you are wearing socks with this leg, and it does not have a seam where the top of the foot would otherwise come in contact with the material of the strap.
- If you have a weight bench, use the straps to attach one end of the strap to the bench and attach the other end of the strap to your body. If you do not have a weight bench, then use something else attached to your body, like the edge of a table or the back of a chair.
- Next, you need to attach one end of the strap to the object already attached to your body. To do this, hook one end of the strap over the buckle of your belt and then loop the other end of the strap around the wrist of your most muscular arm.
Make sure the strap is long enough so you can wrap it around your body at least three times. (You may have to adjust the strap length depending on how strong your arms are.)
- Finally, tie an overhand knot at the end of the strap closest to your body. It will keep the tension on your body as you perform the movement.
- Now, stand up straight and pull the knot as tight as you can against your body.
- Slowly, let go of the knot and return to standing.
- Repeat this motion for the desired number of repetitions.
- Once you finish, rest and repeat this exercise with your other arm. This exercise works your upper back muscles because it helps you keep your shoulders and back in a neutral position throughout the exercise.
Overall, GymShark gym lifting straps are an excellent choice for anyone who needs a high-quality gym lifting strap.
They are incredibly durable, easy to use, and come in various colours, so you can pick one that matches your workout clothes or your mood.