The Atkins diet is named after its creator, Robert Atkins. The Atkins Diet is a program that helps you to lose weight by limiting your intake of carbs.
Atkins's ready-to-drink protein shakes make this program more effective and easier to follow.
In addition, it helps you maintain the daily carb intake that helps you meet your body’s protein, vitamin, and mineral requirements.
In this article, I am going to review Atkins Protein Shake. The review will throw light on what Atkins Protein Shakes are? How do they work? What does Atkins Protein Shakes claim to do? Etc.
Let’s begin with,
In this Article
- What is Atkins Protein Shake?
- Manufacturer of Atkins Protein Shakes:
- Advantage product lines offer snacks, meal bars, and shakes.
- Flavours and Nutrition Information
- How Do They Taste?
- What is the recommended dose for Atkins Protein Shakes?
- Shelf Life and Storage Instructions
- What Are Customers Saying?
- Pros and Cons
- Where to Find It?
- What are the alternate products for Atkins Advantage Protein Shakes?
- Atkins Protein Shake – Final Verdict
What is Atkins Protein Shake?
It will also reduce your appetite while increasing your metabolism. You will be able to achieve all these results when combined with a healthy diet and exercise routine.
To consume this protein shake, you don’t only have to be on the Atkins diet. You can also drink this shake whenever you want if you don’t want to follow the Atkins diet.
Atkins Advantage Protein Shakes are typically used by those who want to maintain a healthy weight.
They come in various flavours, including milk and dark chocolate and Vanilla, and caramel. As part of your diet, you can use these shakes as a meal or snack.
If you drink Atkins Advantage Protein Shakes as a replacement meal, adding something like fruit or oats is essential.
These shakes help you get rid of cravings for unhealthy foods, which can lead to weight gain.
In addition, if you're thinking about using Atkins Protein Shakes as a meal replacement, you should know that these shakes are high in protein and fibre and low in fats.
Atkins Protein Shakes are ketogenic-diet friendly and are helpful for weight loss. Because of their high fibre content, they can fulfil your hunger without causing any harmful effects.
Manufacturer of Atkins Protein Shakes:
The Atkins protein shakes are manufactured by Atkins Nutritionals Inc., Robert Atkins, founded in 1989.
In the past, the company only focused on low-carbohydrate products. Now, their marketing focus is on healthy eating in general.
The company has expanded its low-carbohydrate products by introducing four new lines: Advantage, Day Break, Endulge, and Cuisine.
Advantage product lines offer snacks, meal bars, and shakes.
Atkins Protein Shakes Ingredients – Are they Safe & Effective?
Atkins Protein shakes have a long list of ingredients.
Some of the main ingredients and most common components to this are :
- Protein- Protein helps the body get energy and contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscles and bones. It also builds and repairs body tissues.
Consuming protein leads to a rise in essential amino acids that can enhance the rate of muscle protein synthesis and anabolism. It also boosts the metabolism of the body.
- Fibre– Fiber is a valuable part of your diet. Consuming fibre helps regulate blood sugar, which regulates your appetite.
- Vitamins and Minerals – Vitamins and minerals help in the overall functionality of your body. It gives your body energy and defence against free radicals.
- Low Sugar – Having low-sugar foods will help your body in multiple ways, including having a steady energy level throughout the day. In addition to this, it also preserves your blood sugar and insulin levels.
Flavours and Nutrition Information
Atkins shakes flavorsThe ‘standard’ size shakes are all 160 calories per serving. The Atkins shakes contain 15 grams of protein and 1 gram of sugar per serving.
However, the amount of fibre and carb content varies depending on the flavour. Therefore, it's essential to pay attention to the carb counts when following the Atkins Diet.
- Mocha Latte- 2g fibre, 3g net carbs.
- Milk Chocolate Delight- 3g fibre, 2g net carbs.
- Strawberry- 1g fibre, 1g net carbs.
- Dark Chocolate Royale- 4g fibre, 2g net carbs.
- French Vanilla- 1g fibre, 1g net carbs.
- Cookies and Creme- 1g fibre, 2g net carbs.
- Cafe Caramel- 1g fibre, 2g net carbs.
For their large-sized portions, these shakes come in two exclusive flavours. Each serving has 23 grams of protein,3 grams of net carbs and 1 gram of sugar.
- Vanilla Cream- 1g fibre, 230 calories.
- Creamy Chocolate- 4g fibre, 240 calories.
How Do They Taste?
As there are so many flavours available, Atkins followers have a lot of options. Here are a few ideas:
To fight sugar cravings: Cookies and Cream and Milk Chocolate Delight comes with sweet and low sugar content.
Are you a Coffee addict- You may love Cafe Caramel or Mocha Latte
You're searching for deep, rich flavour- Dark Chocolate Royale is a less sweet option with a hint of dark chocolate bitterness.
“Smoothies for breakfast, anyone?”- French Vanilla is a mild and creamy smoothie base.
Shake the product to mix and enjoy straight out of the container. You can also blend this drink with ice to make an ice cream substitute or smoothie.
If you want more recipes for your Atkins diet, the most helpful thing to do is buy one of their cookbooks or search the internet for more recipes.
The Atkins site has recipes that you can make using Atkins Protein Shakes.
What is the recommended dose for Atkins Protein Shakes?
The amount of Atkins Protein shake to take daily will depend on whether you use them as a meal replacement or simply as a snack.
Whether you're trying to lose weight or maintain your weight, it helps to be mindful of how many carbs you eat.
Generally speaking, an ideal shake should have 12 grams of protein, as well as vitamins and minerals. These are all essential nutrients that a shake should contain.
Shelf Life and Storage Instructions
Each container has a best-by date of 12 months, but you should keep the product in a cool, dry place at a temperature between 65 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
Make sure that you do not mix this product with hot water or other hot beverages as it may damage the texture of the protein powder.
What Are Customers Saying?
In Amazon reviews, customers are generally satisfied with these products. One user says: “I love the shakes.
I've been using them to replace one meal per day, along with regular foods. I lost 14 pounds in 2 months on Atkins and have kept it off for over a year.
Don’t think of this as a diet, but as a lifestyle change. It’s sustainable if you keep up with the Atkins program.”
Another user says: "I am someone who was overweight and got tired of being tired all the time. I was constantly hungry and didn't know what was wrong.
I tried the Atkins Diet and the Atkins Shakes and started working out. I lost 40 pounds in 45 days. I feel so much better and feel like a new person.”
A third says: "I lost 60 pounds with Atkins over two years, and my husband has lost 60 pounds with diet shakes for the past five years. So it's sustainable; it works, and, most of all, it is effective. But you have to be committed. You have to get on it and stay on it."
Pros and Cons
- Low Carbs & Low Calorie- Atkins Protein Shakes is a moderate snack or light meal compared to traditional protein shakes.
- Convenience- Atkins shakes come in convenient shaker cups and is easy to carry, mix and drink.
- Nutritious- The shakes come with protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals that keep the body healthy.
- No Calculations Needed- No need for calculations when consuming this product. Just shake and go!
- Great Weight Loss Aid- The Atkins shakes are a healthy way to eat, with the right amount of protein, fibre and essential vitamins and minerals.
- Price- ‘Affordable’ is subjective. However, these meal replacement shakes are quite a bargain considering they’re ready-to-drink, high protein, and low in carbs.
- Low Calorie- This is both a pro and a con. The larger sizes don’t have the calorie counts of a full meal.
If you replace all three daily meals with these shakes, you'll consume a dangerously low amount of calories. I recommend sticking to 1-2 shakes a day.
- No Special Diet Options- These shakes do not come with vegan, kosher, or gluten-free options.
- Consumed Quickly- It is easy to finish the shake within a few minutes quickly. However, don’t be surprised if you feel hungry for a little while after eating.
It is because fullness signals take time to travel from your stomach to your brain.
Where to Find It?
Atkins protein shakes are available at major retailers throughout the country, including Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, Safeway, and Kroger.
They can also be found online at amazon.com or Atkins Nutritionals.
What are the alternate products for Atkins Advantage Protein Shakes?
The alternate products for the Atkins Advantage protein shakes are 310 Shake, Yoli Better Body System, and Celsius.
Atkins Protein Shake – Final Verdict
The Atkins Protein Shake is a convenient meal replacement shake. It’s low in carbs but high in protein and fibre. It may also be helpful in weight loss.
If you are following a low-carb or ketogenic diet, Atkins Shakes are certainly a great option out there for a protein shake/meal replacement.
Some of the ingredients in the shake are less than healthy. For example, soy protein, an artificial sweetener, and even a controversial additive called carrageenan.
This thickening agent for food comes from natural seaweed but, in many cases, causes digestive problems.
Despite its unavoidable shortcomings, some people enjoy the taste of these shakes, and they are very inexpensive.
These might be useful for your short-term goals, but don't use them long-term. For example, if you're trying to gain muscle, protein shakes are not the answer.
You need to eat more food. However, for weight loss, you want to be sure that your diet contains enough protein and burns more calories than you are consuming.
I hope that you found this review of the Atkins Advantage Protein Shake helpful.