It has led to an increase in people developing various health problems like obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. One of the best ways to avoid these health problems is by getting regular exercise.
A simple way to get started is by using a home gym like the Marcy MWM-988. These gyms are elementary to set up and use.
All you have to do is attach the weights to the steel tube frame, put on the workout videos or workout CDs, and you’re ready to go.
With just a few simple moves, you'll soon be toning up your muscles and burning off unwanted calories.
- Brand: Marcy
- Model: MWM-988
- Weight: 150 lbs
- Dimension: 68″ ×35″ ×79″
- Material: Steel
- Colour: Black
- Maximum user weight: 300 lbs
- Possible exercises: 36+
- Warranty Frame: 2 years
Let’s look at the features of the Marcy MWM-988.
- Construction: Marcy’s versatile home gym structure is composed of a 14 gauge steel tube. It’s the perfect size for a beautiful fix in a tiny room. The crop is built with a comfort zone in mind, with a foam layer atop 2′′ pads.
- Dual-arm press: The dual-functional arm press has two verticle butterfly and chest press stations. When we push the verticle butterfly, our muscles become more assertive. With the assistance of the pin and lift, it is simple to change the settings.
- Pulley stations: Each pulley station has two distinct high and low bars. This function assists us in working out our triceps, biceps, back, and muscles.
- Pad: The Marcy Multifunctional MWM-988 comes with a preacher pad, a comfy pad with a thick layer of foam. The attachment is affixed to each of the locations.
- Weight plates: This device has a 150-pound weight stack and a 300-pound user weight capability, with 14 weight plates weighing 10 pounds each. Instead of iron, these plates have a plastic shell.
- Assembly and warranty: This machine comes in several miniature components, and you must assemble them all. You may get this machine from Amazon if you want free delivery, while other merchants charge $50 or more for shipping.
It also comes with thorough assembly instructions and photos to do the assembly quickly; it will take around 2 hours.
Marcy MWM 988 assembly is not complex; with comprehensive instructions, anyone can accomplish it. However, if you enlist the assistance of a friend, you will be able to complete the task in less than two hours.
The Marcy 988 home gym has a two-year warranty; if there is an issue with the equipment, the company will replace it.
- Preacher curls
- Ab pulldowns
- Triceps and biceps press down
- High cable cross overs
- Fly presses
- Grip chest presses
- Seated rows
- Tricep kickbacks
- Low pulley trunk rotations
- The home gym is designed to be both small and flexible. It’s well-made, and the frame style is sleek and attractive. It consists of 16 nylon pulleys connected by ball bearings for long-term reliability and smooth operation.
- The seats are robust and cushioned in vinyl for optimum comfort and durability.
- Foam pads are available on the leg developer and chest bars.
- This Marcy Home Gym has six exercise stations: a chest press, a curl pad, a leg attachment, a pec fly, and low and high pulley systems.
- The Marcy MWM 988 home gym offers more than thirty-six distinct types of exercises. It also has a robust nylon pulley system with steel connectors.
- It comes with various functional accessories, including an ankle strap, a flat bar, and one chain extension.
- Both the seat upholstery and the preacher pad are built to last if used properly. In addition, the rollers on leg developers provide maximum comfort during leg training.
- The Marcy home gym is relatively small in size. A wholly built item does not take up much room, which may appear to be a benefit.
The disadvantage of the tiny size is that a particularly tall person may be uncomfortable executing various exercises on this home gym owing to the space limitation.
- It also has certain weight constraints. The user’s weight should not exceed 300 pounds, according to the instructions. As a result, anyone weighing more than this may be unable to work out this model.
- The backrest and seats are not adjustable.
- This home gym will require the assistance of many people or an expert to put up. Furthermore, it will take a few hours to construct the goods entirely.
You will need to do frequent checks and routine maintenance by regularly lubricating the weight stacks and pulleys.
- In this home gym, the user cannot upgrade the weight stacks.
- It is missing a mid-pulley station.
How tall can this crop stand?
The crop is not appropriate for those taller than 6.1′′ because of its short height. This product is not suitable for tall people.
Is there a workout chart included?
Yes, the Marcy multipurpose MWM-988 comes with a workout sheet in the package that will guide you through various exercises.
What is the total number of rollers in the machine?
Four soft foam rollers assist the leg developer in providing a quick and easy quadriceps workout.
A customer says that the Marcy MWM-988 is well constructed, sturdy, and easy to assemble. Another customer finds the home gym well made, very attractive, and very tough. This product is an excellent buy for its price.
The only negative is the money you have to spend on it, but it's worth it. When your body takes over this equipment, you will be surprised at the results.
- A customer suggests the Body-Solid Power Tower for its price, durability, and the fact that it has a 110-pound weight cap. While this home gym is a little bit more expensive than the Marcy MWM-988, it is reliable.
The Body-Solid Power Tower is a low-price home gym with two high pulleys and two low pulleys to help with chest exercises. It is constructed from steel tubing and solid rubber wheels, allowing it to be mobile.
The Body-Solid Power Tower weight stack is set at 250 pounds, while the user weight limit of the home gym is 200 pounds. The body position will vary from person to person depending on their height and shoulder width, but most people will find this product very easy to use.
- The Stamina X Chin Up/Pull Up Station is adequate equipment for upper arm workouts. This home gym is noiseless; you will not get the familiar squeaking noise of weight stack machines.
In addition, the Stamina X Chin Up/Pull Up Station features a broader grip to provide a stricter workout for the arms and lats.
The Stamina X Chin Up/Pull Up Station has a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds, which will allow users to perform high-calorie upper body exercises.
When you look at the advantages and drawbacks of the product, the Marcy MWM-988 is a well-balanced home gym.
However, because of its low price and functionality, it is one of the top Marcy models we suggest. And, with a bit of compromise, the negatives are insignificant details that you don't need to worry about with this home gym.
Do keep in mind that the user’s height and weight limits are essential considerations. However, if you aren’t 6′ 7″ or weigh more than 300 lbs, the MWM 988 is good for you!
When it comes to low-cost home gyms, this is one of the most acceptable options.